brittany danielle

brittany danielle

Monday, March 29, 2010

Sleepless in Lubbock

I've become a bit of an insomniac lately, and it's driving me nuts. I can't sleep at night, and I have no idea why. I'll just lie in bed exhausted all night but never be able to fall asleep. I'm pretty sure it's because I think too much when I'm trying to go to sleep, but I can't seem to shut my brain off. I've started memorizing Bible verses while I'm trying to sleep, because I've found that if I focus on the same thing it'll help. So if I say the verse in my head over and over sometimes that will lull me to sleep. But unfortunately that's not always a guarantee.
Also, I try really hard not to nap during the day so that I'll be tired by bedtime, but I've found that it's really hard not to fall asleep during the day when I'm not sleeping at night. So most days I end up falling asleep for a couple hours when I'm doing homework. And it's weird, because I never seem to have trouble napping? Maybe I should just start sleeping during the day and doing homework at night, haha. If only my class schedule could somehow fit into that plan.
Most nights I can't even fall asleep until 3 or 4, and then when I do I'll just kind of randomly doze off for an hour or two and then lay awake until my alarm goes off at 8. My roommate has some sleeping pills that I've been really reluctant to try, but it's getting to that point where I'll do just about anything for a good nights sleep. Reallly, if someone told me to hang my head off the bed and let all the blood rush to my brain, if that would make me sleep, I might try it. So anyways, that's all the whining I have for today :) ttyl!

No comments:

Post a Comment