brittany danielle

brittany danielle

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Home sweet home...

You know, there's something about being home, even if it's just for a week, that brings out the best in me. I think it's because it reminds me of being younger. We always had so much fun around here. Lots of memories :) And it's just the same as it always is, really peaceful and relaxing. And it's just so beautiful out here. Plus, the weather's been really nice for the most part -- sunny and gorgeous -- although I do still have to pull out my jacket in the evenings. I haven't actually done that much writing, but I'm going to have to get on that soon, cuz I have a lot of stuff due right after I get back to Lubbock.

I was in the mood for some baking yesterday, so I made us a cake. It's called a chocolate almond upside-down cake...

Those are the almonds. I had to "slightly toast" them... and I'm not really sure exactly what that means, so I just improvised, haha. They actually go on top, but you have make the topping first and put it in the bottom of the pan.

And then this is the batter, and you make that all up and then pour that on top of the almond-caramel topping and then bake it and flip it over on a plate.

And then this is what you get at the end :) A little piece fell off when I flipped it, but you can't see it in the picture, haha. Besides it still tasted yummy. I was pretty pleased with the outcome actually. The cake part is really fluffy and yummy, and then the topping is kind of like a caramel-almond candy.


We still have quite a bit left over, so I have a feeling we'll be having cake for dessert tonight as well.
Also... :) Meet Sunny! The newest [very large and fluffy] addition to my life.
My brother got her for me :)
Around Valentine's Day I was a little down. Don't judge, okay, yes, I'm a total girl. So I called my mom really upset one day and I guess he heard about it, so he bought me this big, huge bear and made me a sweet little note, and left her on my bed. And she was the first thing I saw when I walked in my room last Friday. Totally made my week. But that's why I love my brother :) Well, not because he buys me big stuffed bears, but because he so thoughtful and knows me well enough to know exactly what's going to make me feel better. I've been lugging her around all week, and I wish I could take her back to Lubbock with me but I'm afraid there's not really room for her in my little ol' dorm room. Maybe when I move into the apartments next year she can come stay with me :) Anyways, I've named her Sunny, and I love her.

2 comments: