brittany danielle

brittany danielle

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Dallas

I was enamored by your beauty, 
By the way your sleek glass walls sparkled in the Texas sun.
I wanted to bounce my shiny, new dreams down your mirrored hallways,
But we don’t have time for those kinds of childish games.
Here, we mainline success.
And it settles in like December in our bones. 
     If we could only get enough…
Porcelain people with big hair and painted smiles.
We waste our youth building paper lives.
Each of us, just another cold body, 
Navigating the flow of traffic that sucks us through your lonely heart, 
And pumps us out the other side.
Even God is silent,
As He gazes on this desolate city with vacant eyes.
The only truth I’ve found among your hollow walls,
Is that aching feeling that I came here for a reason,
     If I could only remember what it was…
Maybe if I go back to where I started,
Something will remind me.
But Dallas only knows one direction:
Forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment